Tessa, Head of the Engineering and Designs Group, is a Chartered Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney and European Design Attorney.
Her extensive experience includes: Prosecution and Opposition proceedings before the European Patent Office, preparing patent specifications and the filing and prosecution of patents worldwide throughout the mechanical engineering field. She brings strategic and commercial advice to both international and domestic clients and in particular those that operate in the fields of: security features for currency; paper making; beverage preparation; bearing technology; compressors; IC engines; work machines and road sweeping vehicles. Her experience includes many high profile projects and complex portfolios where she has advised on the management and enforcement of rights.
Tessa lectures on intellectual property at universities and frequently speaks at IP conferences, exhibitions and seminars. She is a renowned expert on computerised records keeping systems and has been invited to speak and advise on the subject.
Tessa has a BSc (Hons) Mechanical Engineering from the University of Birmingham.
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- BSc Mechanical Engineering, University of Birmingham
- Currency and paper manufacturing
- Food technology
- Medical Instruments
- Sports equipment
- After-treatment systems
- Air compressors
- Beverage dispensing systems
- Dental equipment
- Earth moving equipment
- Internal combustion engines
- Optical and tactile security features for security documents
- Packaging for foods and beverages
- Tennis racquets and golf clubs
- Thermal insulation systems for subsea applications
8 Salisbury Square