Matthew is a Chartered Patent Attorney, European Patent Attorney and European Design Attorney in the Engineering and Designs Group.
Matthew provides advice on patent and designs matters in a broad range of fields, particularly in the mechanical engineering field. His main practice involves preparing and prosecuting patent and design applications in the UK, throughout Europe and internationally. However, he also regularly provides advice on the validity and scope of patents and registered designs. Matthew has particular experience in product development and providing simultaneous advice on the protection of new products and whether there is freedom-to-operate.
Matthew is the head of the firm’s Practice Committee which oversees internal and external procedures, to ensure the firm’s compliance with national and intergovernmental laws as they change, and which disseminates information on changes in law and practice both internally to attorneys and also to the firm’s clients. He is a member of the Designs & Copyright Committee of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys and is also a member of Council of the British Group of Union IP.
Matthew has an MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering from the University of Bristol and a postgraduate certificate in Intellectual Property Law from Queen Mary University of London.
- British Group of Union IP: council member
- CIPA: member of the Designs & Copyright Committee
- Chartered UK Patent Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering, University of Bristol
- Agricultural and industrial automotive engineering
- Construction and mining
- Food technology
- Medical devices
- Renewable energy
- Security documents
- Beverage dispensing systems
- Control systems
- Decontamination equipment
- Design registrations
- Earth moving tools
- Food and beverage packaging
- Internal combustion engines
- Production of banknotes and passports
- Single-serve beverage capsules
- Surgical and dentistry tools
8 Salisbury Square