Edward is a Chartered Patent Attorney and European Patent Attorney in the Biotechnology and Life Sciences Group.
His practice includes advising clients on the management global patent portfolios and providing commercial advice, including the preparation of freedom-to-operate opinions and due diligence exercises.
Edward specialises in biologics, diagnostics, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and vaccinology. He completed a doctorate at the University of Oxford on the role of local immunity in vaccine-induced protection against tuberculosis. His work specifically investigated the immunological effects of delivering adenoviral and protein based vaccines to the respiratory tract.
Edward was awarded the Strode Prize for the highest mark in the legal paper of the
2014 UK patent finals examinations.
- Chartered Patent Attorney
- European Patent Attorney
- Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Queen Mary University of London
- DPhil Clinical Immunology, University of Oxford
- MA Biological Sciences, University of Oxford
- Medical devices
- Cancer diagnostics and pharmaceuticals
- Chimeric antibodies
- Viral vectors and vaccines
8 Salisbury Square