Anusha is a Chartered Trade Mark Attorney in the Trade Mark and Domain Name Group. She is a member of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).
Anusha manages a wide range of UK and International Trade Mark portfolios and she has extensive experience in the prosecution of UK and foreign trade marks, clearance searches, multi-jurisdictional recordal projects, transactional matters and contentious actions. Anusha is regularly engaged in settlement negotiations on behalf of clients and she is highly experienced in drafting undertakings and co-existence agreements.
Between September 2009 and December 2020, Anusha acted for many clients before the European Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) in relation to trade mark filings, prosecutions, recordals and contentious matters. Although she no longer stands directly before the EUIPO, she continues to be consulted by many clients in relation to matters before the EUIPO and its Board of Appeal, which are handled by Boult Wade, S.L.
Anusha also supports clients in working with their external legal teams on due diligence and transactional matters and as part of legal teams with counsel in court proceedings.
Anusha is involved in organising and running the firm’s vacation scheme and she has a strong interest in diversity and inclusion within the profession.
Prior to joining Boult Wade Tennant, Anusha gained experience in Trade Mark practice at a specialist Intellectual Property firm and general legal practice in New Zealand. Anusha has an LLB and a BSc Pharmacology from the University of Auckland, New Zealand.
- Chartered Trade Mark Attorney
- Postgraduate Certificate in Trade Mark Law and Practice, Queen Mary University of London
- Professional Certificate in Trade Mark Practice, Nottingham Trent University Qualified New Zealand barrister and solicitor (non-practicing)
- LLB/BSc Pharmacology, University of Auckland
- Computer and video games
- Cosmetics and perfumery
- Software and technology
- Brand selection and clearance
- Counterfeit and customs actions
- International filing programmes
- Opposition and enforcement
- Portfolio management
8 Salisbury Square