The firm is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified when using www.boult.com, we will only use it in accordance with this privacy statement.
Boult Wade Tennant LLP may change this policy occasionally and this page will be updated. This policy is effective from 24 May 2018. Boult Wade Tennant LLP is a firm of European Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys, Chartered Patent Attorneys and Chartered Trade Mark Attorneys regulated by IPReg. www.ipreg.org.uk Registered office: Salisbury Square House, 8 Salisbury Square. London EC4Y 8AP, United Kingdom. The UIC registered number is Z6351944.
What we collect
We do not collect personally identifiable information about you – such as your name, company, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address – unless you:
- choose to fill out a ‘Contact Us’ form, found on many of the pages of the site;
- or to email us;
- or write to us;
- or phone us.
We will process this information to enable us to reply and answer any queries.
We do collect non-personally identifiable information when you visit our website (through cookies) such as the type of device you are using, the domain name of the internet service provider and browser type. We use technology to look at which pages of the website our visitors view, their IP addresses and if links to other websites are used. We use this information to understand user behaviour on our website. This technology does not identify you personally.
Should you choose to submit a CV by email or post we will use the information it contains only for the application process. We process your data as a legitimate business interest in line with the firm’s overall recruitment policy. If we do not use personal data then we may be unable to reply to your query or respond to a job application.
We take no responsibility about the safety of the information you choose to submit to us via email or the internet. It may be collected in transit by others.
How we use information about you
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To respond to an enquiry.
- To provide you with the services, information and updates you have requested.
- To improve content/design of our website.
- To market our services, send news or invite you to events.
- To compile anonymous statistics for example website usage statistics.
- To fulfil legal obligations.
- To issue invoices, manage your IP portfolio and to collect payments.
- To comply with regulatory and legal obligations such as anti-money laundering, anti-bribery or anti-fraud.
- To manage our business performance, assessing client satisfaction, conducting tests on new or existing systems.
- To resolve any issues caused by a fault or problem with our website.
In processing your personal data we rely on the lawful basis of legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests being answering enquiries that you have requested, administering and protecting our business and this website, and using data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences. We comply with our legal obligations and collect information for this purpose.
We will not share, rent, or sell your personally identifiable information outside the firm, except where we are required to share your information with any third parties who provide services on our behalf. We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may also share personal data when it is lawfully demanded by authorities such as the government, regulatory bodies, auditors or police. Similarly, we may share data to protect the security of our database, as a precaution against legal liability, or in the event of a joint venture, collaboration, reorganisation or similar event.
The website is hosted on our servers in the UK. Boult Wade Tennant LLP maintains appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information against loss or misuse.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep data in accordance with regulatory obligations and good practice. The time depends on the nature of the information. The time also may change. We endeavour not to keep your data for any longer than is necessary.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. We have no control over the website of other companies or their privacy policies.
- analyse use of our online services;
- improve user experienced of our website and services; and
- to enable features of online services such as sharing content via social networks and other channels.
We use two types of cookies on our website:
- Cookies that are necessary in order to enable the visitor to use the website. These are deleted when you close the browser.
- Cookies that collect information about how the visitor uses the website in order that we can improve the performance of the website.
We may use your IP address to resolve any problems with our server, to administer our website and improve our website. We may perform IP lookups to determine which domain a visitor is coming from to understand the demographics of the visitors. The usage is not combined with personal information.
Your rights include: the right to erasure of data, to rectify data, to access data, the portability of data, to withdraw consent to processing, to object to processing and to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority.
If you receive a marketing email you will be provided with an automated way to unsubscribe. Alternatively, please email: email@example.com