Our High Tech and Electrical Group, one of the largest in Europe, covers a very wide range of technologies from electromechanical devices, through electrical and electronic systems and components, systems engineering, scientific instruments, medical technology, laser, electromagnetic and optical physics and others. We also have a team of mathematicians and software engineers forming a subgroup within the high tech team.
As well as our teams in London, Cambridge and Reading in the UK, we also have high tech expertise in Frankfurt and Berlin, Germany, so we are able to provide advice on both prosecution and enforcement of European patents and also UK and German national patents and utility models.
We belong to industry bodies such as The Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys (CIPA) and Institute of Professional Representatives before the European Patent Office (EPO). We actively contribute to these.
Our clients include major industrial organizations, academic institutions, small and medium-sized companies and independent research organisations. We have specific experience in:
- Computer games and animation
- Consumer electronics
- Drug-polymer conjugates
- Financial, e-commerce and business solutions
- Internet searching, management and delivery
- Medical devices and imaging
- Multimedia including digital rights management (DRM)
- Navigation and mapping
- Scientific and research instruments, cryogenics
- Sensors and monitors for petrochemical and other applications
- Software and computer implemented inventions
- Telecommunications including mobile, radio interfaces and standards
- Utilities and green technologies including solar and smart metering
We act for a large number of prestigious international clients. Many are household names. Our patent attorneys support our clients, large and small, through patent applications, oppositions and appeals.